NUMBERS with NATURE
- Students into design of classroom and visuals on walls
- Classroom walls are a public statement about the educational values of the teacher.
- The challenge is to ponder how the walls can be used to enhance the educational objectives while including the students as a part of the learning.
- If the students are allowed to create or co-create the displays on the walls, they will refer to, look at and engage with them more often making them learning materials instead of visual noise.
- The walls should invite engagement, wonder and imagination; reflect the student’s learning, have an emotional or meaningful connection to the students and engage children in active interaction with the displays.
- Natural elements
- Classrooms should be filled with natural elements… not only are natural items great learning tools but they also enhance your space with beauty.
- Displays should be hung on a simple neutral or natural background with neutral border to decrease visual over-stimulation.
The students measured the length of the stick needed using cubes.